We're here to help
What is the difference between SOLOSHOT2 and SOLOSHOT3?
We've been hard at work taking all the feedback our early adopters gave us on SOLOSHOT2 and implementing them in our 3rd Generation Robot Cameraman:
- Set up time has drastically been reduced from 8 minutes to 30 seconds and completely eliminates the walkabout and the need for a centering object.
- Touch screen interface on the SOLOSHOT3 Base means a much more friendly user experience. Gone are the days of memorizing which LED means what.
- Indoor tracking is now an option with our Indoor Accessory.
- If you don't like where you set up the Base, you can easily move it to a new spot without having to do the set up procedure all over again.
- Now you have the option to Live Stream to your personal SOLOSHOTapp account and Facebook.
- The SOLOSHOT3 Base can pan 40 degrees per second faster and tilt 35 degrees faster for tracking those fast action activities.
- The tilt range has increased by 20 degrees for a total of 140 degrees, (-50, +90).
- The Tag is now 40% smaller and 30% lighter for our team athletes.
Can I wear the Tag under clothing and still be tracked by the Base?
This depends on the environment that you are tracking in.
If you are tracking outdoor...
- the Tag can be worn under a thin layer of clothing, such as a jersey, and still be tracked by the Base.
- avoid placing the Tag under padding, in pockets or under jackets because it will not track accurately at all.
If you are tracking indoor...
- the Tag can be worn under any amount of clothing, including a jacket or inside a pocket.
Should I get the Optic25 or the Optic65?
Both cameras offer high-resolution filming, but they do differ in ways that can be important depending on what you are looking for.
The Optic65 is great if...
- you are sometimes performing activities further than 600 ft. from the Base, such as kite surfing or filming your drone flight since you will have a 65x optical zoom.
- you are wanting to record in 4K or 2.7K resolution.
- you want to utilize the 240 frames per second for awesome slo-mos.
The Optic25 is ideal if...
- you will be filming the majority of your activities within a 600 ft. range since 25x optical zoom is more than enough. Most indoor activities will fit under this.
- you are not looking for any resolution higher than HD (1080p).