Both cameras offer high-resolution filming, but they do differ in ways that can be important depending on what you are looking for.
The Optic65 is great if...
- you are sometimes performing activities further than 600 ft. from the Base, such as kite surfing or filming your drone flight since you will have a 65x optical zoom.
- you are wanting to record in 4K resolution.
- you want to utilize the 120 frames per second for awesome slo-mo's.
The Optic25 is ideal if...
- you will be filming the majority of your activities within a 600 ft. range since 25x optical zoom is more than enough. Most indoor activities will fit under this.
- you are not looking for any resolution higher than HD (1080p).
- the same 12 MP for photo stills.
- storage on a microSD card.
- input for external mic, as well as built in mic.
* 240 fps will be available with a future firmware update.