Make sure that you are inserting the mini USB side of the cable (the smaller end) into the bottom of the Base and inserting the regular USB side into a wall adapter of your choice. Do not charge using a PC or Mac.
To verify that your SOLOSHOT3 is charging:
- Make sure the Base is off when charging. To power down the unit, you would need to press and hold the power button for a few seconds and select the "Power Off" prompt on the Base touchscreen.
- When you plug it in, you should see a solid red LED on the back of the Base (above the touchscreen) if the Base is not fully charged. Once it is fully charged, you should see a solid green LED. If you see neither, it is not charging.
- Make sure the Tag is off. When you dock it onto the front of the plugged-in Base, the Tag OLED should show a charging icon. If it does not show this icon, tap the power button on the Tag, and this icon should show up.
The Base's charging behavior is as follows:
- On power button press, blinks green once for 5 seconds: powering on, battery has enough charge
- On power button press, blinks green quickly: not powering on, not enough charge
- While plugged in, solid red: charging, not fully charged yet
- While plugged in, solid green: charging, fully charged
If you see a red LED and a black screen, it means that it isn't charged enough to turn on. If the red LED stays there that means it is charging, so wait a couple more hours.