If your SD card is failing to mount during an update, try the following (Plan A)...
1. Make sure the Base and camera are upright (preferably on a tripod) when doing the update.
2. Try ejecting the microSD card and the popping it back in again. Wait about 5-10 seconds, then hit "Try Again."
3. Have them format the microSD card using their PC to ExFAT. If they use a PC, this will work too but please note that their first attempt at remounting the SD card will fail.
If this does not work try Plan B...
1. Power off Base. Remove OpticX camera from Base, and remove SD card from camera.
2. Power on Base, go to home screen.
3. Go to Update App and follow on-screen instructions for Base and Tag update.
4. Once it asks for the camera update, dock the OpticX camera and hit continue.
5. Once it comes time to format the SD card, insert the SD card into camera and hit continue. It should mount from here.