In order for your SOLOSHOT3 to connect to the SOLOSHOTCloud for initial setup and subsequent updates, please take note of the following:
The Base will only discover and connect to Wi-Fi networks broadcasting their SSID on the 2.4 GHz band. WiFi networks on the 5 GHz band will not be recognized by the Base.
- Many 5 GHz routers offer simultaneous dual-band allowing you to connect to their 2.4GHz band.
- If your router is selectable dual band, you’ll need to switch to 2.4 GHz inside your router’s settings to allow the Base to connect.
The Base can connect to WiFi networks using Open, WPA, and WPA2 personal encryption, WEP and WPA/WPA2 enterprise is not supported.
- The Base will not connect to captive portals. These captive portals are usually found in public spaces like airports, libraries, hotels, etc. and normally require a separate login when you open the web browser on your laptops/smartphones. There is no web browser on the Base.
- We recommend a Wi-Fi connection with at least 5 Mbps of download speed.
- On a 10Mbps connection you should expect 7-10 minutes for the initial software update to download, plus a few more minutes for it to install.